Spring bulbs, also perennial!
Perennial spring bulbs are special because, unlike the most spring bulbs, they come back reliably year after year. Besides choosing a truly perennial spring bulbs variety, there are a few steps you can take to ensure perennial performance…
- Plant spring bulbs in well-drained soil. This will help naturalizing or perennializing the spring bulbs and cut down on the risk of disease and fungus.
- Plant spring bulbs deep. Measuring from the base of the spring bulbs, place the spring bulbs about 15 cm deep.
- Water the spring bulbs after planting. This will ensure that your spring bulbs develop a strong root system before going into winter dormancy.
- After the blossoms have peaked, remove the flower heads and allow the green foliage to die back.
- Fertilize in the spring bulbs fall and spring.
Check out our Spring bulbs in all sorts and varieties!
Spring bulbs... There is something new in Holland!
There is something new in the world of spring bulbs. Not a new Tulip, Daffodil or Snowdrop spring bulbs variety. In Holland, where most spring bulbs are grown, new spring bulbs are introduced all the time. What's different is Colorblends —mixtures of two, three and sometimes four spring bulbs varieties that make car-stopping spring tapestries.
Plant your Spring bulbs!
Every autumn, we plant out dozens of spring bulbs blend ideas that combine tulips and daffodils of complementary or contrasting colors. We plant spring bulbs of different shapes, spring bulbs of varying heights, spring bulbs that bloom at slightly different times. When FlowerBulbsInc.co.uk hits on a combination we like, we pre-blend the spring bulbs in bags of 100 in the autumn for shipment all over the UK.
All you have to do is plant the spring bulbs in the autumn and enjoy the display in the bulbs in spring. With over 20 years of blending experience under our belt, we now have dozens of spring bulb blends to choose from — there's a spring bulb blend for every taste and every landscape need. And our wholesale prices make it possible to plant not just a handful of bulbs but many hundred, for a great spring display.
Click here for Spring bulbs in all sorts and varieties!